Friday, September 4, 2009

Long weekend, here I come!

Working has been a beotch to say the least. I know. Complain, complain, complain! I need to stop whinning. But it has been, really! So this long weekend is welcomed with open arms. And the best part? I am off of work (at job #2...ie teaching) and working at job numero uno (the paying one). I have a wedding down in Cbus this evening. Fun fun!

I got to wake up and hang with my love bug this morning and it was wonderful. Distance makes the heart grow fonder...that is for damn sure. I used to cringe in the morning when I would hear that first yelp, thinking, "I want to sleep more!" But now? I am excited to run in there with her sippy cup and snuggle and start the day off with her. I think this experience is going to make me a better mother because I will appreciate the time spent with my daughter much more.

The pregnancy is progressing normally. I am getting fat and glowy and all of that schtuff. My skin is finally clearing up from my first trimester of hormone related lovely acne issues. Never had that with Melrose, but this baby made my face go cr-A-zy. Not sick anymore...or at least I thought.

Last night before Open House I was eating dinner with Mel before Dan got home and all of a sudden I got this icky feeling in my stomach. Hmmm. I figured I would wait until Melrose stopped eating and then I would drink some water and maybe taken the anti-nausea stuff. Then Melrose learned how to manipulate her gag reflex with her fingers.

I'm not kidding. Right at that moment she figured out she could gag herself with her fingers and thought it was just about the coolest/funniest thing ever. Well, the sound of her gagging and nearly puking sent me over the edge. I ran outside and puked in the garage. Gross. I couldn't even make it to the grass. Then I came back inside, thinking I was all done, and continued these fun times in the sink.

In a matter of 15 minutes I had eaten dinner and then uneaten dinner. Awesome.


And the whole time Melrose just looked at me like, "What?"

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails