Monday, September 28, 2009

I Heart Faces: Blue


My niece and nephews all have bright blue eyes. So, I went through all of the photos I have of them to get one I liked the most. I love this photo of Jake. He was a few months old and I remember his mom telling me had no pictures of the little one (curse of the second child!). So I came over and brought my camera to capture some of the little peanut.

I really love this picture in particular because he looks like such a soft, squishy little baby! He is almost one now and believe it or not, his eyes have actually gotten more blue. I'm not even sure how that happens! Out of three sets of parents, two sets have brown hair and brown eyes and only one set has lighter hair with blue eyes. However, all four cousins have blonde hair and blue or green eyes. I think we have a mystery gene floating around somewhere. It will be interesting to see when cousin number 5 and cousin number 6 are born to see if they follow suit.



And speaking of that. We will have SIX cousins all within less then four years apart. Come February there will be... an almost 4 year old, 3 year old, 1 1/2 year old, an almost 1 1/2 year old, 3 month old and a newborn. A baby born in this family every year since 2006. Craziness.

And because of the last two additions coming soon, it will be four girls and two boys. Girls win! We are going to tip the scale with having our second girl...if we would of followed the family trend and had one of each sex then it would be even steven. Oh well!! Girls Rule!!!!

Check out more cool photos at I Heart Faces.

6 comments:

Tracey said...

What a beautiful baby!

Jodi said...

Beautiful shot of a beautiful baby, look at those eyes! Great choice!

Hayley said...

Beautiful photo

Lisa Webb said...

Beauitful eyes

flat yeast bread said...

Very cute, great eyes!
Your family sounds like mine, my parents have 10 grandkids, the oldest is 5 and there will be another in December...it's baby mania :)

The Skousens said...

Great photo! And what a beautiful baby, love the blue eyes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails