Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Today's Fun

So today was the big photoshoot day. The day in which I was going to attempt to take a picture of Melrose and four of her cousins. That's right, five children 3 years old and younger.

Let's start from the oldest....

Lilly: 3 1/2 years old
Danny: 2 1/2 years old
Melrose: 1 1/2 years old
Jake: 1 year old
Emily: 1 month old

As you can imagine, everyone involved was skeptical that this would even work. Last years holiday picture was done at a standard photo studio-like place and it was, to say the least, a disaster. Three of the four cousins pooped their pants before the picture. One of the cousins got into a scuffle with another child and the other child's dad verbally assaulted Grandma/Aunt Sue.

Screaming. Kicking. Boo-boo lips. The best photo of the bunch that was used for the holiday card? Lilly is screaming so hard you can see the vein in her head. Danny is crying and their is snot on his face/forehead. Melrose has the biggest boo-boo lip in the history of the work. And Jake is sound asleep on the ground. Priceless.

So this year we decided to take advantage of my skillzzz and do the shoot at my house. What a good decision. It took far less time and involved ZERO temper tantrums! The kids all cooperated.

::::sigh of relief::::

I Incorporated a few little extras that I think helped- the biggest one being the television just to my right playing cartoons. Yesssssss.

Once I get them all uploaded I will post a preview of the session.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails