Thursday, August 13, 2009

Frog legs!

I got to see his/her frog legs yesterday...baby number two is starting to look like a human! I went in to get a check-up due to continued cramping and everything was A-OK. But they did do an in-room ultrasound (kinda like the big fancy ultrasound, but a little less fancy and a little more blurry) to make sure everything was moving along nicely. From week 10 until week 12 the baby has turned into a fetus of the human species, with legs and feet and cute little hands with tiny little fingers.

Now I do my internal countdown until week 18/19 when we can find out the sex. This is pretty much torture for me. I have no patience. Wait, let me revise that, I have LESS then no patience. If I could I would be like crazy Tom Cruise and buy myself an ultrasound machine so I could look for those three dots or a dangling peeps. Everyone and their mother are convinced that we are having a boy due to this pregnancy being pretty darn different then the first. I'm still convinced we are having another girl, but we will know for sure in 6 weeks.

The pictures the doc printed for us are really cool. One is of the baby upside down with it's legs crossed (looks like frog legs). The other one is of him/her with the hand near the face. Now I can't wait for the anatomy ultrasound because those photos are always the bomb. We still have Melrose's photos up on our frig...her little baby foot and the profile of her face.

On another note, can you believe we are STILL trying to organize from vacation? It has alsmot been a week and our house is still a mess. The main problems are: (a) busy season for photography so my weekends are slammed (b) Melrose much prefers to play over watch us clean, so since she makes the rules nothing seems to get done (c) Dan and I are still trying to recover from the vacation. It will get done....one fine day. Not this weekend, though. I am going to the waterpark with one of my friends for her birthday and on Sunday I have a wedding.

1 comments:

Belly Monster's Mama said...

When I got gestational diabetes, I got ultrasounds every week. While it was a pain in the caboose to have to haul myself over to the office every 7 days, I think back now and I was SO grateful for them - they kept me sane during a time where I though I'd be totally out of my mind (you always wonder what's going on in there and if all is well...) I can remember being amazed at how, in just a few weeks, my kid went from looking like the Pilsbury Doughboy to a real live human being. It's so exciting! Yay for frogs legs! lol...

Related Posts with Thumbnails